Thursday, June 30, 2011

Redecorating Bathroom | Gender Neutral

I LOVE hot pink.  My 2 younger girls LOVE pink.  My eldest daughter LOVES BLUE!  Ha, you thought I was gonna say pink, huh?

So as we anticipate the arrival of our precious boy, the thought of redecorating has become not only a "want", but a need.  I don't believe it will be okay for our son to be immersed in an only "pink" home.  You may disagree, and that's okay, just keep those thoughts to yourself :).

So I've started with their bathroom.  It used to be ONLY pink (hot pinks, light pinks, salmon pinks - polka dot theme), if you can imagine this, w/ hints of white here & there.  It still has A LOT of pink.  But we LOVE pink.  I don't want to rid the bathroom of pink.  I mean, hello, I have daughters.  Pink is A-OK in their bathroom!

But how do we incorporate this and still make it Gender Neutral?


Here's my first attempt, but it still feels too girlie to me:






Can someone give a girl a hand?
Any ideas or links would be GREATLY appreciated!
Thanks everyone :).

1 comment:

  1. My kids' bathroom is black and white with hints of red. You could do black and white with hot pink and bright green. That way the girls get their pink and the boy gets something NOT pink. ;)

    ReplyDelete