Saturday, August 20, 2011

Adoption Workshop #1

We attended our first Adoption Workshop today.
Well, technically it was Workshops #1 & #2.
It was 7 hours long.
We have 5 Saturdays left.
It wasn't fun.
But it wasn't terrible.
There were interesting people there...
People that I don't think should be taking children into their home.
I know that sounds judgmental... I guess you just had to be there.

There were also some genuinely precious people there.

Today was mainly about the Foster program.
Most of the people there were there to Foster kids.

I wish they had separate Workshops for families that are only interested in Adopting.  But they don't.

Like I said, it wasn't terrible.
At least not for me.
Matt had a massive toothache.
He's so AMAZING for still wanting to go w/ me even though his mouth was throbbing the entire time we were there!!!
Our friend Sid Johnson met us at his new dentist office immediately afterwards and performed an emergency root canal.  :(
He's feeling MUCH better now!

And so am I because...

We are 1 week closer to our Adoption!
Thank YOU Jesus!!!

A special "Thank You" to the Northams for watching our daughters for 10 straight hours!
Love you guys!

3 comments:

  1. I remember when we went thru those workshops. You are right, the majority are there for foster care, but there were a few for adoption. The only thing we didn't like was missing OU football games...my husband and son-in-law were having football withdrawals...haha! I hope your experience and the process goes smoothly for you guys. God bless you for your compassion and love. Some sweet little guy is going to have awesome parents with you guys!

    Mena

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emergency root canal! Yikes. He's a brave man for going all day thru the pain. One Saturday down, 5 more to go. 5 long Saturdays so you can hopefully have a lifetime of Saturdays with a special little boy you'll call, Son. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. TY Mena!
    KB, yes, he was AWESOME!!! And I love the way you worded "lifetime of Saturdays"... thanks!

    ReplyDelete