Friday, March 9, 2012

Can't share details

As you read Matt's post a week ago, we have ourselves a Foster Baby who is just about the coolest baby EVER!
What's even cooler is the way it all transpired.
Tuesday (Feb. 21) I felt in my heart that BMom had either had her baby or she was in labor.  We prayed fiercely for her to make choices she could live peacefully with.
Wednesday (Feb. 22) was our final "walk thru" with our Foster Care Case Worker.  She's an old friend from a previous church (neither of us attend there anymore) and we had ourselves a wonderful visit, however, she assured me that we would be waiting awhile before a baby boy became available for Fostering. Most babies who are in Foster Care are a "sibling group".  I assured her we're trying to sell this house, so we can buy a bigger one so that we could possibly accept a sibling brother group :).
Wednesday afternoon, not an hour after she left my house, she called saying she had just received a call & needed to place a baby boy NOW.

We serve an AWESOME, MIGHTY God people!

Matt & I prepared our home Wednesday evening for our Foster Baby and I went to pick him up Thursday morning.
15 minutes after I picked baby up, my phone bleeps with a text.  BMom had her baby the night before and she had changed her mind about the Adoption.  She wanted to be her son's forever mommy.

We serve an AWESOME, MIGHTY God people!!!

We drove to Matt's work so he could meet his Foster son.  And I shared with him about BMom.  We smiled a knowing smile.  We were thankful for the peace the Lord gave us when we prayed about whether we should accept Baby Boy the day before.  We were so happy for BMom!  We were/ARE so happy for us!

Our girls are AMAZING big sisters to Baby Boy!
Matt has turned into BEST DADDY OF A BABY EVER!!!
The few friends that have come to meet him so far have gushed & made us so proud!
Matt's friends from work have blessed us with much needed diapers & formula.
Matt's parents have been beyond wonderful to us with their help.

We're not allowed to share personal details about Foster Stuff.  That's very difficult!  I have stumbled upon numerous foster blogs where they share EVERYTHING on their blogs, pictures included.  But we will honor their rules. We don't want to risk losing our little man.
All we can say is that there was a Court Hearing a few days ago.  It went well.  At first we were told he could be ours in as soon as 6 months.  Today I got a call saying that we needed to brace ourselves for something more like 12 months.  And he may even be re-unified with his mom.  However, he will live with us throughout this entire time.  Our Case Worker will keep us posted on Hearings.  We will be updated on whether baby's mom is taking necessary steps to work towards re-unification or not.

So that is where we're at.

I can't share details.
Or I would explain to you that at this point, re-unification is not a safe place for him.

I can't share details.
Or I would explain to you that kind of lifestyle is NOT a lifestyle for ANYONE, especially
not a baby boy!

I can't share details.

But I can tell you that we serve an AWESOME, MIGHTY God people!!!
He didn't just work this out so smoothly for no reason at all!

We give Him all glory & praise!
We are fighting for this baby boy through lots of prayer.
The judicial system has steps they have to go through.
DHS has lots of red tape they must weed through as well.
There are hoops to be jumped through.
But God is still on His throne.
The Judge's heart is like channels of water in God's hands, He turns it wherever He pleases.

We serve an AWESOME, MIGHTY God!!!

Please help us fight for our son's safety & future through prayer.

And yes, we would love for you to stop by & visit sometime if you're a friend!  Feel free to bring a pizza for our girls!  :)  Just give us a call first...we're running on Baby Time, not Real Time! (no sleep!!!)  Also, please help spread the word that we're still trying to sell our house by owner.  For those who know where we live, there are flyers in front of our house with all the info.  If you don't know where we live, well it's kinda creepy to tell you where we live so I won't do that!  :)

Thank you so much,
The Morrows


3 comments:

  1. We DO serve an AWESOME, MIGHTY God!! wooo to the hooo!! I am so glad that he is in a safe, loving, God-filled home! Praying for all of you, for him and for his future! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary I'm so happy for you all and for your little man. God has definitley put him in loving caring hands! The Lord is blessing you all and what a wonderful time for you and your girls. I know my oldest 2 were so excited when I had Haileigh so I can only imagine how excited they are to have a baby brother.

    ReplyDelete