Saturday, April 7, 2012

Fostering

So we're a Foster Family.  I never thought we would be.  I just wanted to straight up adopt!
But things got tricky and well, now we're a Foster Family.
We've had our little guy for 6 weeks now.
We are head over heels in love with him!!!  We think he's pretty in love with us too!

Every morning when he sees me peering into his bassinet with my sleepy, groggy face, his big brown eyes just light up like I'm the best thing he's ever seen!  Whenever he makes eye contact with us, he just beams with joy and shoots us a huge toothless smile!
When the girls sit down to talk to him, his little legs just start a kickin' away with excitement.
He and Matt have a language all their own.  They are AMAZING together!  And on the rare occasion when I have to put him down to do a chore (I "wear" him most of the time) or help someone out, one of the girls will just scoop him up and start talking to him.  Sometimes I just stop and stare at them...they take my breath away!  My precious family is so incredible!

He may be a "Foster" baby, but in reality, he's already "OUR" baby.
We don't know what the future holds, but he will always be our baby, in our hearts.

Can any foster families relate?


No comments:

Post a Comment