Saturday, April 12, 2014

Answered Prayer Request! {Full Size Van}

Hey everyone!
I just finished editing a session whilst white noise plays in the background & wanted to give you a quick update between holding 2 sick babies to let you know that we were blessed with a full size van today!
As you all know, this has been a HUGE prayer request.  Bigger vehicle means we can all drive together as a family again.  A couple of months ago, a bigger vehicle was going to give us the opportunity to take in another foster child.  We decided to quit caring about the vehicle space & said YES to a foster child who we have fallen madly in love with, even though we DID NOT have enough vehicle space. However, we have trusted that the Lord would provide our larger vehicle in His perfect timing!
Matt & I had a Date Night this past Thursday (thank you RR!!!). So we went to Diffee  in El Reno. They are a Christian based car dealership that cares about orphan care.

We found out SUV's are not big enough for our family. Period. They aren't very wide inside. You cannot fit 3 teenagers & a 10 year old in them along w/ 2 car seats. Humanly impossible unless said children are stick children. Our children are NOT stick children. Even though sometimes when life is unbearably unfair, I wish I had stick children since I hear they don't talk back.  And I am SO thankful for that!

We are now the proud owners of a white full size van. You know, the kind that churches drive, or ax murderers, but ax murderer vans don't have windows and ours has nice BIG windows. The kids are THRILLED. Apparently all of them were hoping for a church van vehicle as opposed to an SUV. Who knew?!?!?!

Oh THANK YOU JESUS for our new van!!!

I could NEVER have imagined 2 years ago, that on this Saturday, April 12th, just 2 weeks before my birthday, that I would be humbly thanking my Provider for a large white van.
I also never thought my weekly grocery bill would be $300. So we are working on reducing that in order to pay for our new van payment! LOL!!! We are also accepting financial donations, grass-fed beef or organic produce!  :p  I kid, I kid!

Thank you to those who continue on this wonderfully wild journey with us! We are now praying for Sunshine's Bubba...
Pray with us?

2 comments:

  1. Awesome news! I've been praying for you to find a van. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts!

    ReplyDelete