Sunday, November 2, 2014

Dearest Sunshine Girl

Dearest Sunshine Girl,
     Tomorrow you become a Morrow. If someone had told me at the beginning of this year that I would be adopting a 16 year old...I would have laughed at the silliness of that statement.  Now, if anyone were to question why I was adopting a 16 year old, I would probably punch them in the nose.
     You were born into unfair circumstances. But you WERE BORN.  You didn't have the best start in life.  But you have made the most out of your young life. You are a fierce fighter. A mighty warrior princess. At times you have had to kick & scream to be heard. But God has heard your cries. YOU.ARE.A.SURVIVOR and I stand in awe of how the Lord has brought you into our family and molded you perfectly to fit into our family.
      We are SO excited for you to officially have our last name. So excited to no longer have to explain to receptionists that you're my Foster Daughter when they ask what our relation is. So excited to no longer have to blob your face out of pictures on Facebook and the blog. So excited that tomorrow, on the day that we celebrate your 16th Birthday, the day you were born, we will also be celebrating the day you are being born into our family and becoming a Morrow.
     Love you precious girl!  See you in the morning!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment