Thursday, March 19, 2015

Thoughts of my Noah's Birth Mom

It's Thursday and I just finished shoveling in Butternut Squash Macaroni down the hatchet for a quick lunch because the boys are busy and wild and oh so normal for this age...so my lunch is usually late and fast & furious and usually left overs or whatever I can find that's quick to slap together.  And I don't have time for blogging, so this is going to be quick.

Anyways, Noah was having a fit while I was trying to change his diaper so I grabbed the closest toy to us, which just so happened to be the toy his mom gave him for his first Christmas. "His mom", when I say that, I don't detract from the fact that I'm his mom too. Three of my children have 2 moms, the mom that carried them in her womb for 9 months and then me, the mom that gets to raise them and be blessed with their irresistible cuteness 24/7.

So this toy that his mom gave him wasn't age appropriate at the time. But right now, Noah LOVES it! It is totally age appropriate 1 1/2 years later.  And I prayed for her, his mom. Because without her, we wouldn't have him, our precious, almost-18-month-old baby boy. She's made poor choices in life that have greatly affected her biological children. But who am I to judge?  Only God knows the full story.

She signed over her rights when he was 6 months old and said she wanted us to have him and that she trusted us. We didn't exchange contact info, cause at the time, it terrified me.  Awhile ago, I actually asked the Lord to give me a way to get an updated picture of him to her. Could you pray for this too?

<3,
Mary


(chocolate cake face)

No comments:

Post a Comment