Thursday, July 16, 2015

Josiah's Gotcha Day | 06.13.13


  • He's 3.5
  • We've known him all but the first 5 weeks of his life.
  • He is the most energetic little guy I have ever met.
  • He has the most contagious laughter I have ever heard.
  • He stole my heart the moment the shelter worker placed him in my arms.
  • He is an answer to about 18 years of prayer. Ever prayed 18 years for something and then have it finally come true?
  • His Adoption Day (aka Gotcha Day) is always going to be one of the happiest, most joyful days in my life.
  • He has FPIES which means his tummy is sensitive to certain foods. It also means we didn't sleep the first 2 years of his life because his tummy hurt the most at night.
  • He has Sensory Processing Disorder which means he doesn't process things the way we do, he is our little beast, seeking high energy, loud noises & extreme sensations...once those things are met, he is able to be a little calmer. Which also means he might get aggressive so we are very careful with who we are around.
  • But these things don't define him. They are simply challenges that have taught me to depend more on my precious Redeemer.
  • Josiah is a joy to our family.
  • Having him in our family has made me the happiest momma in the world!
  • Jesus has GREAT things in store for him.
  • This morning we read 2 adoption books and I realized the questions will probably start coming within the next 12 months. That scares me. I would really like to get a better picture of his biological mom to include in his photo album.
  • Thank You Jesus for Josiah. 
  • Thank You that today we got to celebrate redemption on earth!!!
  • 3 comments:

    1. SO, I found your blog through a google search looking for helps with FPIES using GAPS. A post from early 2013 popped up.

      Do you mind if I ask how it worked for you? Our daughter is 8 months old and because we adopted her I can't breastfeed. SOO... in order to do GAPS, I'm looking for support from other moms who did GAPS with their infants and couldn't do GAPS level breastmilk. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me commenting here!

      Also, Josiah is adorable and so handsome! I love that big smile! Congrats on his gotcha day. :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. SO, I found your blog through a google search looking for helps with FPIES using GAPS. A post from early 2013 popped up.

      Do you mind if I ask how it worked for you? Our daughter is 8 months old and because we adopted her I can't breastfeed. SOO... in order to do GAPS, I'm looking for support from other moms who did GAPS with their infants and couldn't do GAPS level breastmilk. Anyway, I hope you don't mind me commenting here!

      Also, Josiah is adorable and so handsome! I love that big smile! Congrats on his gotcha day. :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hi Elizabeth, I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. Congrats on your adoption though! If you'll give me your email address, I'd be more than happy to talk details with you! Or you can feel free to email me: tomorrows_memories@sbcglobal.net

      Thank you, Josiah is a joy!

      ReplyDelete