Saturday, January 6, 2018

Hard | Short Post

And then life got harder than our family could've ever imagined...
And I quit writing posts on here cause it was too hard.

I've said this from day one - Adoption is HARD. All of it. It is the severing of one family unit, with the probability of a lot of pain in between and then the joining of a new family with the probability of a lot more pain. Children aren't taken into DHS custody because their home life is honky dory. They are removed from their bio families because things in that family unit are royally screwed up. The longer a child lives in that environment, the more messed up their little brains get.

We said yes to a teenager who needed a forever family.
We didn't realize all the pain she had buried inside. We tried to help her as best as we could and when she flipped out on me and hurt me physically, we tried to get her outside help for 9 months. It was expensive and not funded by the government, but she was worth it.
She was home for a few more months and then moved back with her bio family like she wanted to do from day one..she was almost 19 when this move took place. We are no longer in contact.

Why am I sharing this? Because I also said from Day One that I would be as transparent as possible. Our family has gone through pain that I am still unable to share with others.

We are working hard on mending our family unit so that our other children are as whole as possible. We appreciate your prayers for her, and for our family. Josiah was diagnosed with ASD, ODD, SPD, & ADHD. Currently all my daughters have clinical depression and I am still battling PTSD from the assault. Baby Noah is doing great and is already 4 years old! My marriage, thankfully, is stronger than it's been in several years. What Satan meant for evil God intended for good! We trust that HE has ALL of us in His grip and in the end, He will accomplish His will.

All Glory to Him who is able.


1 comment:

  1. Hello sister in the Lord. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am also blessed and feel privileged and honoured to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in adoption and loving Jesus Christ. Wow I know how painful it is when you sacrify yourself to make such kids life joyful but when they come with their hurts from the bio-family they come with those hurts and as you have experienced with such painful time when the girl you adopted in your family attacked you. We have gone through such experience and hence we know what you are talking about. Praying for this girl as she settles with her bio-parents. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encoruaged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 40 yrs in this great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We reachout to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the brokenhearted. we also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. we would love to have your grown up children to come to Mumbai with the friends to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure they will have a life changing experience. Looking forward to hear from you very soon. God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete