Thursday, October 24, 2013

Tiny's Mom-Visit

Tiny's Mom-Visit went well.  I arranged his next feeding around her visit, so she could feed him.
Back track to nearly 2 years ago..Josiah had his first & only mom-visit.  (It wasn't a face to face meeting for me, that was unsafe.  She actually had a cop posted outside the door to make sure the Case Worker was safe.)  But I remember feeling SO very in love with Josiah and being absolutely terrified for his safety during the entire visit. I was shaking & thought I was going to throw up!  Prior to his visit, the Lord had told me that I was to arrange his bottle time around her visit, so that she could feed him. I said "no!" to Him.  And then He told me again and I submitted.  That was the last time Josiah ever saw his birth mom.  I'm so thankful I submitted.
Tiny's visit was different. I love him.  But I don't have that fierce momma-bear-love, yet.  I have no problem w/ his mom visiting him.  I don't particularly think a person who has lost rights to 4 other kids should be given another chance, but I am okay w/ her visiting him, after all, she's his mom and she isn't violent so we don't have to worry about his physical safety.  AND if it was me in her shoes, I would think I deserved yet another chance, I KNOW I would. It's our human nature to feel like we deserve another chance. I get that.

So today, we arrived a few minutes late because traffic was a bit heavier than I anticipated.  The room was kind of small.  Tiny's mom smiled at me.  She was younger than I was envisioning.  She didn't realize I was going to be there, even though I had been told she wanted to meet me, so at first, she didn't know who I was.  The case worker introduced us and I smiled at her and we sat down.  I was told I would just share how Tiny had been doing w/ feeding, his temperament and night times and then I could leave them to have their visit.  Easy enough.  Well the first thing she says to me is "Ya'll aren't smokers and you don't have cats do you?"  I tried not to laugh.  I mean, really, how do either of those things even remotely compare to your offenses ma'am?  That's what I thought, but the only thing that came out of my mouth was a smile and a "no".

I may have lied about one of those things...

The case worker asked why she was asking me that and the mom said "because they are both gross!"

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I immediately thought of my friend Larissa.  She hates cats with every fiber of her being.  A couple years ago, she played an April Fools Joke on everyone on FB...she had a friend who works at a Dr's office put a temp cast on her foot and she told everyone that she had broken her foot by kicking a cat off her porch! LOL!!!!  Girlfriend had EVERYONE fooled!
Larissa, I love you chick!

Oh dear...
Anyways, the visit wasn't horrible.  The mom got to meet me and that was kinda the point aside from her getting to visit her baby.

I left after about 7 minutes.  Met up with my friend Tonya.  And went to pick him up an hour later.

Foster Care is interesting. :)  Today gave me a good chuckle!  It's either that or scream, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment