Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Failed Adoption | All in God's Plans

We've debated blogging about this, but felt it was important in order to be as transparent as possible to those who have been praying so fervently for us.
BMom changed her mind about the adoption.
The proper terminology would be "Failed Adoption" in the adoption world.
We call it "All in God's plans".

This journey with BMom taught us that sometimes the Lord places people in our lives simply to pray for them during a difficult season in THEIR lives.
We were only able to truly focus on HER and HER needs, when we stopped focusing on ourselves and started interceding for HER & HER baby.  ("Do nothing out of self ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves." Philippians 2:3)

This journey wasn't easy.  I was brutally transparent with you at my lowest times.  My faith was lacking daily.

But God was always there for our family.  And He sent us encouraging bible verses, phone calls, texts & emails just when we most needed them.  He was faithful.  He IS faithful. (1 Cor 1:9)

I haven't spoken with BMom at all.  That is ok.  I think she knows we love her.  We respect her.  She made a bold choice.  A beautiful choice!  We completely support her choice and believe she made the best choice for herself and her son.  She has a special place in our hearts and we will continue to pray for her & her boy.

We love you BMom!

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeramiah 29:11


4 comments:

  1. I know it is hard on all sides in times like these. I am so glad the birthmom had your family to work with as I am sure she spied something she wanted - a beautiful family. I sure pray that she uses this experience to point her family in that direction and that you have made a lasting impression of God's love on her.
    Love you guys,
    Roxane

    ReplyDelete
  2. In Christ, you two really are something special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a blessing of God's love you guys were to both BMom and baby boy! You were Jesus' hands and feet! I have no doubt that they will feel the fruits of your prayers for years to come! God is so good! I know your heart must hurt (I can't begin to imagine how much), but you are a faithful servant and you will be blessed beyond your wildest imaginations because of your faithfulness and trust in the One True God! I pray that BMom and baby boy are doing well and that they feel the love of Christ as well. God is FAITHFUL!!

    (None of this negates the fact that I'd love to see a pic of the sweet baby we have all been praying for, but I know that God is in control and He knows what is best) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All is grace dear ones! Thank you for the prayers & sorry for the delayed response.
    Spoke with BMom yesterday, she is doing well. Please continue to pray for her.
    Love ya'll!

    ReplyDelete