Thursday, February 9, 2012

The un-update Update...

The un-update Update, sorta...

  • I've texted & called baby's mom
  • No response
  • I think baby's daddy totally screwed with her emotions
  • I don't blame her
  • I've cried more than my fair share, both for her and for our family
  • I'm sure u don't blame me
  • I'm shaking as I type this
  • I find myself literally shaking a lot these days
  • I've never had this problem before
  • Our attorney has sputtered the words "be prepared for her to back out"
  • Adoption is NOT for the faint of heart
  • I watched Juno 2 nights ago at like 1 in the morning
  • While I was editing
  • Just me & Juno
  • I cried on a lot of the scenes that used to make me giggle
  • The phone rang a few days ago with the Caller ID name that said "Cloth Dona"
  • Which obviously meant "Clothes Donation"
  • But my eyes saw the baby's dad's name
  • It's sorta close, just not in that order, but u know how your eyes twist letters around sometimes and u can read misspelled words perfectly clear?  That's what happened.  
  • My heart stammered in my chest like I'd been caught stealing a brand new Canon 5D Mark III or maybe even like Bob Harper catching me eating a slice of Dulce de Leche Cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. Be still my soul!
  • And I started hyperventilating
  • All it took was a millisecond of thinking it was baby's dad to cause my body to freak out like this
  • So yeah, I'm a mess...
  • What would I have done if it WAS him?
  • I'd like to think I could be the bigger person, offer him grace, pray over the phone for him & be a positive influence in his probably negative life, rather than give him a piece of my mind
  • Because really, who cares what I think?  It's what God thinks that matters most!
  • I just seem to keep forgetting that...
  • In other news:
  • DHS has finalized our paperwork
  • Our family has been approved for Adoption & Foster Care thru DHS
  • And it doesn't even matter a flippin' bit to us because well...our son is in question at the moment.
  • So much weight is hanging by a thread on this upcoming DNA test
  • We have never been through anything so heart wrenching
  • And then there's baby's mom
  • Good grief, how can I worry so much about someone I've never met?
  • The Lord has birthed so much love for her within our family, within our hearts
  • We pray for her every single morning as we're starting school 
  • And every evening as we're ending our Family Worship time
  • I find myself loving her more and needing Father to give me peace about her safety, her emotions, her heart
  • I will repeat it again, Adoption is NOT for the faint of heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment